Tired Obi-Wan Kenobi recs
there's a whole damn tag so i'm going to do some #ficrecs unlike most of them, this is going to be an ongoing/living document as i go through the tag (from most words to least). I'm going to attempt to read everything but there's definitely a few that I just... nope on out of so of course this doesn't represent the whole tag, just the shit I liked
- Across The Galaxy: Obi-Wan's Guide To Child Adoption (55k, ongoing) : post ROTS, OWK adopts what feels like everyone while a pre-fall Anakin and some clones stumble upon their abode on Tatooine via time travel shenanigans.
- Supreme Chancellor Obi-Wan Kenobi (90k, ongoing) : this feels like cheating since this is technically the fic that was recommended to me that got me browsing the gd tag in the first place but, c'mon. the whole damn premise is just golden and jedi-clone family and hrnng.
- The Intruder (83k, complete) – switches between OWK's and an original clone's POV inspired by horror games i would love to play but then power goes out when I start and I nope the fuck out. Really enjoyed it!
- In the Spotlight (22k, incomplete) – no update in two years whixh is a pity. Stalker × OWK!
- The Hero With a Thousand Faces series (143k, on hiatus) – technically Only mostly dead (part 2) is tagged accordingly but still! Jango×Obi-Wan, with a dash of kidnapping and a sassy Boba? What's not to love!? Please note the hiatus tag and it really leaves off on a place that makes me fucking vibrate out of my seat. Also angst. It says happy ending but there's a reason there's a “because I know you won't believe me rn...” tag too
- Names in a Tattoo or a Number to Wash Away Series (55k, ongoing) – JangoObi. “Wherein the Jedi and the Mandalorians have a slightly better relationship and the clone wars come about in a different way.”
Other / Not Rated Some random special cases
- walk the (family) line series (T, ongoing) – so since I haven't read the sequel trilogy and I generally don't care for “characters interact with canon” fics if I don't know the Canon very well, i can't objectively say if this is good or not. But it looks good.
- The Things We Sacrifice (~300 words, complete) aaaah very short but very good